– life on the streets of a big little city on the Gulf Coast –

Wrong Way, Dummy!

🙂 🙂 🙂

8 responses

1. Mind boggling …Talk about the right place at the right time with a quick “trigger finger.” You duh man, Man!

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2016 at 8:50 pm

2. Too incredible. It looks as if the fabulous something hawk bird has breakfast in his claw and a bit of that in his beak.
    This really is something, John, really unbelievable. Once in a life for anyone else but you keep catching nature showing off for you.

April 4, 2016 at 11:17 am

• Yes, that’s an osprey with breakfast. (Sometimes called a sea eagle or a fish hawk.) They usually like larger “tables” and certainly don’t normally let people so close. Must have been really hungry. 🙂

April 4, 2016 at 5:54 pm

3. Reblogged this on The Hawks Perch and commented:
    I want my readers to meet a phenomenal city/street/wildlife photographer if you have not yet….this is a great introduction to John Hayes, currently of St Petersburg, Florida, and able to catch wild things in a single bound. Enjoy!

Liked by 1 person

April 4, 2016 at 11:19 am

4. Barbara’s comment made me think of a term from the past. “Johnny on the spot” after spot, after spot, after spot… so many great photos!!!, but also wonderful prose when included!

Liked by 1 person

April 4, 2016 at 9:29 pm

• Thanks, Bruce. I haven’t been on FB in a while but when I do I am not seeing as much from you as I would like. I really enjoy your family pics and hope I am not just overlooking them.

April 4, 2016 at 9:34 pm

5. Ospreys are so long-legged! Nice catch of this very integrated osprey/human pathway. Here in Oregon there are many of the same animals, like ospreys and great blue herons, but they are far less tolerant of human proximity and would never let themselves be photographed like this!

April 13, 2016 at 1:48 pm

• I have noticed that, too, that ospreys here in Florida are fairly tolerant of people. 🙂

April 13, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Please share your thoughts...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s